Apprenticeships for Young People
If you are aged 16+ and would like to develop your prospects and career then one of our high quality work based apprenticeships and training could be ideal for you! You will build up knowledge and skills, gain a qualification and earn money all at the same time!
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a nationaly recognised qualification and is made up of 3 key parts, these are:
Vocational Qualification - You will have an assessor visit you in your workplace. You will build up portfolio of evidence to show you can do your job to the right standard.
Technical Certificate - This will be done on day release at Lyme Valley to teach you the underpinning knowledge for your qualification (depending on course).
Key Skills - You will gain key skills to Level 2 in - Application of Number, Communication and I.C.T.
Why do an Apprenticeship?
There are lots of benefits in doing an Apprenticeship - It will offer you hands on and practical experience in a real working environment. You will be employed from day one, meaning you do not have to go out and find a job when you finish your qualification, you will have all the rights of a normal full time employee.
You will get to learn and earn at the same time! At the moment the Apprenticeship minimum weekly wage is £3.30 per hour - e.g. £132.00 per 40 hour week.
Please note that to do an apprenticeship you need to secure employment at a local company on at least the above pay rate, to increase your chances of finding a placement you can apply for opportunities through the National Apprenticeship Vacancy Website, apply via our online application form to attend an information session here at Martec to join our FL programme which can offer a stepping stone onto an apprenticeship or actively seek a placement yourself by contacting local employers to see if they have any apprenticeship vacancies for you.
Sound too good to be true? Well why not give us a call on 01782 717272 and arrange to come down for an informal chat and find out more about Martec training and our apprenticeship schemes.
Outcome for learners
- Gain Qualifications
- Improve English and Maths ensuring all young people achieve a Level 2
- Improve knowledge and are competent within their chosen industry
- Community cohesion
- Opportunity for overseas expedition
- Improving students holistic development (RARPA)
- Improved Employability Skills
- Incentives offered to ensure the learners are more employable and achieve their aspirations e.g. Driving Lessons
- Supporting Learners into Independence
- Supporting young people striving to achieve their aspirations
- Learners acquire qualifications and the skills and knowledge that will enable them to progress to their chosen career
- Learners work meets or exceeds the requirements of the qualifications
- Learners attain their learning goals including qualifications and achieve their challenging targets.
- Martec works in line with local and national priorities for economic and social growth – filling in the gap shortages